Saturday 30 August 2014

Peep of the Week

Greetings blog friends,

I needed some inspiration to use the beautiful Power Poppy tulips so I went to a favourite gardening catalog and found just the thing. I have a picture of my source above my card photo.

I used the tulips and the sentiment is from the Azalea stamp set also by Power Poppy. The paper is from my chopped up stash, along with some orange twine and the butterfly and bee stickers are by K & Company. I just love their stickers. I cut out the main image with Spellbinders Decorative Labels Eight and the tag with Fancy Framed Tags Two. Coloured the tulips with Copic and added a couple of wee pearls to the tag. Thanks for stopping by. Cheers.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely creation Melanie! I often look up flowers when I’m colouring to get a jumpstart on my creativity. Lovely colouring and background paper too! Thanks for joining with us this week at Power Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Melanie.....Your tulips look exactly like your inspiration photo! I, too, look up flowers varieties to see colors before I start my projects. How great that you were able to use some of your scraps to make this lovely card! I am so glad you could play along with us this week at Power Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for inspiration Melanie!! And your tulips turned out beautifully! Love the sweet little butterflies too. Because a garden is even happier with them in it! Beautiful card! Thank you so much for joining our Power Poppy Peeps challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Melanie! Your card is amazing! The colouring, the dies, the design... it all rocks! Thanks for playing along with us at power Poppy this week!

    ReplyDelete