Saturday 18 October 2014

Justrite Stamps Friday Challenge

Hello there dear blog friends,

I decided to participate in the Friday Challenge with Justrite Stamps which meant making a Christmas Card. Easy peasy, right. Not so, my friends.

Now, do not get me wrong. Justrite has absolutely wonderful Christmas stamps. That was certainly not the problem I decided to use the "O Christmas Tree" set and decided upon the word PEACE as the focal point of my card. All was well, up until this point.

Every so often, a card simply gets away from me. I try my best to keep things on track but no go. I do not usually make "over the top" cards. I like things to be a bit more restrained but not this time.

Started with white cardstock, added a green holly patterned paper over which I layered some gold cardstock which I ran through an embossing folder from Couture Creations called Intrinsic. Added a strip of white along the bottom cut with a Martha Stewart punch. I coloured the pennants in much the same colours as depicted on the stamp set, added letters cut with my Cricut Storybook cartridge from the same gold cardstock and tied it up with some lovely gold ribbon.

Simply could not stop there so added the sentiment from the Noel Christmas Ornaments stamp set by Justrite,  cut that out with Spellbinders Devine Eleoquence die and dusted with Pebbles Pearlescent chalk for a subtle (!) dusting of gold. Still unable to stop, I added three poinsettias cut from Spellbinders dies with a small gold crystal in the middle. OMG!!! I am nearly blinded from looking at all that gold.

Here are a couple shots of the card in all it's overabundance of bling, etc.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Enjoy your day. Cheers.


No comments:

Post a Comment