Tuesday 4 November 2014

Mojo Monday challenge #370/Power Poppy Peep of the Week

 
A fine good morning to all of you today. I have a card for you which I did for the Mojo Monday sketch challenge. The sketch is pictured here.
I am also using this wonderful sketch for the Power Poppy Peep of the Week challenge.
 
I chose to use a Power Poppy stamp set called Sunny Harvest and I used the beautiful bundle of sunflowers. I love this image.
 
My card starts with white cardstock for the base and then a layer of rust cardstock. Over that I layered the two strips of pattern paper and then the rectangle of paper. Both are from a paper pack from K & Company called The Best of Brenda Walton.
 
I stamped the sentiment which is also from a Power Poppy set called Geraniums Take Two in Brilliance Copper ink on vellum. I used a Sharpie marker in copper to go around the edge so it would stand out a bit better. Along the bottom of the rectangle I cut a piece of the same rust cardstock with Spellbinders A2 Bracket Borders One. I tucked my vellum under a piece of brown gingham ribbon and added a paper rose from Michaels.
 

Here is a closer shot of the vellum and sentiment, and the focal image of course. :)


 
The focal image of the sunflowers were coloured with Distress Markers by Tim Holtz. I just LOVE these markers. I have a photo of the markers that I used below. I then fussy cut out the image and popped it up for some dimension.
 
 
Thank you so much for visiting my blog today. I appreciate all your comments and your support. Have a terrific day. Cheers. :)

4 comments:

  1. This is a charming fall card. The sunflowers look great, that lattice edge for the sketch is a great touch. Very pretty fall card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Your sunflower image is colored fabulously, and I love the layout and warm, Fall colors! Thanks for joining in on the Power Poppy Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great pulled together design. Lovely design Melanie! I really like the lattice border. Thanks for playing with us at Power Poppy this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute Melanie! Love how you incorporated your stamps in to your sketch design. Beautiful job! Thanks for playing along with our Power Poppy challenge "Peep of the Week"!

    ReplyDelete