Monday 3 November 2014

Power Poppy Peep of the Week Challenge

Hello again. I am back with another card for you for the Power Poppy Peep of the Week challenge.

My card uses the wonderful stamp set Farmers Market. Since I actually do live on a farm, this is right up my alley. I used the basket full of apples image. Love it!

I started with an avocado green card base and added some pattern paper I got at Michaels. It is chicken wire. What could be more perfect! I added a square of paper from my scrap basket which is from Provo Craft but I am sorry I do not know the name. The image I stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured with Tim Holtz Distress markers. I just love them. I cut out the image with Spellbinders Petite Ovals and shaded the image just a bit with Memento Desert Sand and Peanut Brittle. This I matted on a dark red card stock. I found some red gingham ribbon (so country, don't you think?), tied a simple bow and added a button with twine. The sentiment is from Power Poppy Peonie Duo stamp set and I cut it out with a Justrite die and used the same inks on it to shade it a bit.

I am so glad that you had the time to stop by to visit. I love to hear from you. Cheers. :)

4 comments:

  1. I love your card. Our son and his family live on an organic farm, also have chickens and are starting an apple orchard so I think I need this organic apple stamp!! The ribbon is such a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I should of asked who makes this stamp?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Melanie! This is PURE APPLE HARVEST GOODNESS!! Love the chicken wire background and all of your pretty colors echoing the main palette of reds, creamy yellows, and olive greens!! Just as pretty and rich and warm as can be. Of course the gingham touch is perfect. Thank you so much for playing with us in the challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chicken wire paper is great with this image and, oh, my goodness, your coloring is so very realistic! You really know your way around an apple basket! Thanks for joining our Peep Challenge this week, Melanie!

    ReplyDelete