Tuesday 29 December 2015

... Power Poppy Rewind Challenge

Hello everyone,

Here in eastern Ontario we are finally getting winter weather. It started to snow last night and we have quite an accumulation out there now. And it is still snowing. My DH who adores to ski is simply in heaven.

I would normally be the one out there manning the snow blower to deal with all this but, alas, I am recovering from surgery I had just before Christmas. So instead, I get to be snug and cozy in my studio and get my fingers inky!  :)

I have a card today which I did for the Power Poppy Rewind challenge. I have chosen the Shabby Chic category. This will also be a birthday card for a dear friend's mother who just happens to have the same birthday as my own mother.

Here is my card.


I have used a white card base over which I added a panel cut out using Fiskars Deckle scissors. I distressed the edges using Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen. I added a strip of wide gros grain ribbon with a piece of lace on top along the bottom and then added my focal image over that.

I chose to use the Power Poppy Simply Camellias stamp set. I just adore these images. They are just so elegant and feminine. I stamped the largest image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then barely added colour with Tim Holtz Distess Markers in Antique Linen and Brushed Corduroy. I wanted the colouring to be very subtle. I cut out the image using Spellbinders Elegant Ovals die and added some colour before I removed the die, again using the Antique Linen Distress Ink.


I have used the sentiment from the Power Poppy stamp set Go Wild and this was also cut out with the same Spellbinders die set and also distressed. I added pearls to the four points of the focal image and then felt it just needed a little something so cut butterflies from creamy vellum using the PapertreyInk Heart-2-Heart #10 die. I layered two of them to give some depth and adhered them with Tombow Vellum adhesive.


 Another smaller butterfly adorns the bottom of the image near the ribbon and I added three graduated sized pearls along the bottom for balance.


Thank you so very much for visiting with me today. I do hope you will leave your comments as it would mean so much. Have a wonderful day. Cheers.

4 comments:

  1. Well, I hope your recovery goes smoothly! This design is beautifully shabby chic...I love the tone on tone colouring and the pretty vellum butterflies! Thanks so much for joining us at Power Poppy this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Melanie, I hope you are beginning to feel better after your surgery and are healing well. It's such a delight to see this gorgeous vintage card. I absolutely love how you've colored this camellia and how you so beautifully arrayed it with lovely vintage touches, especially the lace! Stunning in every way! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful and feminine. I love the dies that you used. I hope you continue to heal. Creating is good therapy.

    ReplyDelete