Sunday 3 January 2016

... more of the same ... only different

Hello there everyone,

After I made that card yesterday for the Taylored Expressions challenge I realized just how much I loved that sketch. Clean and simple is not really something I do all that often but it really appealed to me.

I also realized that I have somehow acquired many, many little packages of die cuts. Now this is odd as I do not really use them all that often. 

BUT I SHOULD! 

And I did ... in a collection of cards I did using the same sketch, but no stamping, just die cuts. OK, I did stamp the sentiments.  :)

First of all, the sentiments are all from Power Poppy, from various different sets.  They are all stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

The white die cuts are all from Spellbinders or JustRite.

Lastly, the beautiful coloured images are from  K & Company and Creative Imaginations.

And finally, here are the cards....


I have raised up the back panel on each of the cards using foam tape. I did this for all of them. I like that extra bit of dimension that it gives.


The most time consuming part of all of this was gluing on the white die cuts, especially this bird cage! But is it not stunning! I just love it.


I did a wee bit of fussy cutting around the birds legs as they were not quite clean enough and I wanted to be able to see the cage really well behind the little guy. Small thing yes, but I think the results are worth it.



Now how many of us have tools from WAY BACK, languishing in our craft drawers that never see the light of day. Be honest... we all do!

I thought these last few cards needed just a little something so I grabbed a paid of Fiskars decorative scissors in the Provincial style and cut the edge. It is just a small thing but I think it adds something subtle without taking away from all the beauty going on with the card front.


The white die cut used here was actually a tag. I loved the detail on the ends but it was not long enough so I cut it in half and spread it out. You cannot see that because of the focal image. Shhh... don't tell!



This is a wonderful sentiment, don't you think? It can be used for so many different kinds of cards.


My last card uses a beautiful angel image on top of a snowflake. I was tempted to add a bit of glittery sparkle to the snowflake but in the end I opted for restraint. That can be a bit of a challenge for me at time. :)



I think this sentiment is simply perfect for this card. I absolutely adore the font that Marcy has used on this. So elegant.


Thanks so very much for visiting with me today. It is a snowy blowy day here in Ontario so it is a great day to get myself a hot cuppa and get out some stamps.

Do please leave me your comments as I love to read them. AND, please consider following my blog so we can stay in touch.

Have a wonderful day. Cheers.

      Melanie

      


No comments:

Post a Comment