Tuesday 9 February 2016

... happy anniversary to dear friends

Hello again...

Well I did warn you that I was making cards today!  :)

This card is not for any challenges, it is simply an anniversary card for some dear friends.

White card base over which I have layered a white card panel. I have stamped the flourishes along the bottom from the JustRite stamp set Elegant Celebrations in Memento Rhubarb Stalk. Right above that I have stamped one of the sentiments from the same set in Memento Tuxedo Black. I absolutely adore that sentiment for an anniversary card. Then I ran it through an Anna Griffin embossing folder called Eyelet Stripe being careful not to emboss the stamped images.




I trimmed it to size and mounted it on the card base with foam tape.

The focal image, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black in is from the Joanna Sheen Silhouette stamp set Anniversary. Seemed very appropriate to me. :)

I had to hand cut out the image as none of my dies was just exactly the right size. I layered it on top of a rhubarb coloured cardstock cut with Spellbinders Lacey Circles die and popped this up.

Very simple and, I hope, elegant card.


I added a sentiment inside from PapertreyInk Think Big Favorites #16, again stamped in Tuxedo Black and a small Flourish from the same JustRite set and that is again stamped in Rhubarb Stalk.

I think this will likely be it for me for today. The snow continues to fall here and I suppose I really ought to go out and do a bit of shoveling. Have a wonderful day. Cheers.

   ~ Melanie ~ 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Melanie, this is beautiful and so elegant! They are going to love it! Simplicity is something rarely achieved as well as this! Hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love LOVE the sentiment, too! The stamps are fabulous, and it's so pretty the way you did the partial embossing. Just a lovely card, Melanie!

    ReplyDelete