Sunday 21 February 2016

... mojobella #5

Hello again.

I recently "rediscovered" a stamp company that I knew about some time ago.... Stampingbella. Emily at one time had a store at the north end of Toronto (Ontario, Canada) and that was my first introduction to "bella" when some friends took me there. 

Just lately I stumbled upon the Stampingbella website and rediscovered Emily's bellabeautiful stamps. I have just received my first Stampingbella stamp and had to use it immediately. It is utterly adorable. I encourage you to check out her website... www.stampingbella.com to have a look. All her stamps are stunners but my heart went out to the "stuffies". This is what I purchased, they are simply too cute for words.

Now that I have blathered on long enough, I have made a card for my first ever bella challenge which is based on a sketch which you can see here.

sketch

I started with a white card base over which I have layered some adorable pink gingham pattern paper. 

I stamped my bella beautiful beasties from the Stampingbella set Ellie loves Phant Stuffies with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and I watercoloured them. I simply cannot get over that sweet expression on their wee little faces.  :)


I trimmed out the image and then used a My Favorite Things Basic Stitch Lines die to add some detail around the edges.
The wee banner at the bottom was cut with Spellbinders Baby Buntings die from paper from my stash bucket and topped up with three pale pink pearls.
I cut the circle at the top with Spellbinders Picot Edge Circles die from a basic pink cardstock. I have used the sentiment from the same stamp set and added one of the tiny hearts from the main image.


A soft green polka dot ribbon finishes things off.

Thank you so much coming back to visit again today and I love it when you leave me your comments. Have a wonderful Sunday. Cheers.

  ~ Melanie ~

2 comments:

  1. Oh, gosh, this is just too darn cute! I love the Bella critters and the Stuffies, especially. Adorable card, Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Melanie, I just love Bella images and think they are so darling! I love these little elephants, and what a great card you've made with them! They are so sweet! I love the gingham check, and what a great MOJO sketch card! Warm hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete