Sunday 21 February 2016

... PapertreyInk Make it Monday #239

Hello again,

I am back with a card for the PapertreyInk Make it Monday #239. The idea was to decorate pattern paper using stamps and then, of course, make a card.

I found this to be extremely difficult. It looked so easy in the video. Well, I do not have any lovely big dot paper. I hunted around through all of my stuff and finally settled on this tealish lined paper. Not happy.

I chose the Ruby Reprise stamp set and scattered the two smallest blossoms around the paper using Memento Teal Zeal and Love Letter inks.

Wanting to keep this as simple as possible I decided to die cut out the word Birthday from the PapertreyInk Birthday Trio die set in black cardstock and then added the word Hugs cut from Lawn Fawn Hugs die. I chose to use the same colour blending idea on the word hugs as was shown in the video.


So there you have it. Very simple card. 

Thanks so much for stopping by again. I love to read your comments so please do leave them for me. Cheers.

 ~ Melanie ~

3 comments:

  1. What a fun card!! Love the pops of pink!! Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely ombre 'hugs'. Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a fun challenge and a great card, Melanie. And I agree that I love the ombre hugs die. I saw that somewhere and perhaps it was on Lawn Fawn, but it is a nice touch! Sweetness! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete