Wednesday 10 February 2016

... SSS Wednesday Challenge - One Layer

Hello everyone,

I am participating in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge. The theme is a One Layer Card, preferably with Paper Smooches stamps.

This really is a challenge for me. I rarely, if ever, make a one layer card.

After giving this a great deal of thought I got out my one and only Paper Smooches stamp set and decided to have a go. I decided to keep it as simple as possible.

I used an ivory card and stamped one of the floral images from the stamp set which is called Blossoming Buds with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.




I decided to keep the colouring very simple indeed. No shading, nothing fancy. Just plain and simple colouring with Tombow markers in the colours shown below.

I then stamped the sentiment "Grateful" with Memento Grape Jelly ink and the "for you" in Tuxedo Black.

After staring at it for a while I realized that I simply could not be satisfied with that and got out my ScorPal and did some scoring lines all the way round.

I do not make many of these style of cards and I know why. I like to have a bit more going on in my cards... you know, dimension, die cuts, pearls, ribbons, etc. However I think that doing these one layer cards is probably a good idea once in a while to force oneself to try something new and, in my case, very challenging indeed.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful day. Cheers.

   ~ Melanie ~

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous, beautiful card, love how your framed the card and lovely colouring of the flowers.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete