Tuesday 9 February 2016

... Taylored Expressions challenge #21

Hello there everyone,

I have made a card today for the  Expressions challenge #21 and you can see the sketch here.

Share Joy Challenge 21 by Taylored Expressions


Sometimes I find when I look at these sketches that a specific stamp image pops into my head instantly. That was the case with this one.

Taylor has such wonderful floral images. I LOVE floral images! :) One of my favourites is the Calla Lily. It is so elegant and beautiful and an absolute dream to colour. I searched through one of my favourite gardening catalogs and found a very brilliantly coloured lily to use as my inspiration.



My card starts with an ivory base. I used some pattern paper in a soft green and cut it with the largest die from the Spellbinders Romantic Rose set. 

Over that I have layered a dark green cardstock cut with the second die from the same set. It is so detailed and just beautiful.

I cut out the Calla Lily from the same ivory cardstock using the coordinating die set to match the stamp. I then stamped the lily image using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I coloured it up with Copics. I am SO sorry that I did not keep track of which colours I used. I usually do.

I used the sentiment from the same set and also stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I then cut it out using Spellbinders Ribbon Banners die set.
After I was sure the ink was dry I sponged on a wee bit of Memento New Sprout ink for a hint of colour. The lily and the sentiment banner are both popped up on dimensional squares.


Thank you so much for stopping by to visit today. Please do leave me your comments as it does my heart good! Cheers.

   ~Melanie~

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what a great card for the challenge, Melanie, and I too love this image! Beautifully done! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete