Monday 30 January 2017

PTI Make it Monday 274

Hello to you all,



It is Monday so that means Papertrey Ink Make it Monday Challenges. This one was hard for me. The challenge was to use pattern paper and die cuts with minimal stamping...keeping your card clean and uncluttered. That is not really my style...I do like cards with stuff happening, if you know what I mean.
Anyway, I am not one to back down from a challenge so I had a go.

Here is the sample that Lexi gave us as inspiration. She is a master of the clean and simple style I tell you.


Patternplayzappyballoonssquare

So once I got going with this I ended up making two cards which I will show you here. The first is quite masculine...always a real challenge for me but I think it is OK. All the paper is from my scrap box.



I have used the dies from All Booked Up, In the Meadow and Banner Sentiments. The sentiment which is stamped with Memento Rhubarb Stalk is also from the set.

I have popped up the deer for a bit of interest. This card will work beautifully for a friend's birthday that is coming up.



For my second card I decided to use the Simply Jane stamp set and matching dies, one of my very favourite sets. This is the card I am entering in the challenge.

While hunting through my paper I happened upon an old paper pack that had just the most beautiful soft pink and green papers. Then I spied this paper with the writing on it. Well...that was a must use with the Jane Austen quote.


Pale pink card over which I have layered the writing paper cut with a scalloped edge using a Spellbinders die. I have used Mat Stack 1 to cut out a soft floral paper on which I stamped that wonderful quote in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. How lucky that the beautiful little cluster of blossom should fall in just the right place!

I cut out the two lovely friends from two other paper scraps in pink and green. I have popped up the friends for a bit of dimension. It may be a CAS card but there has to be something happening!  :)


And that is it. I cannot thank you all enough for stopping by, leaving me your amazing comments and following my blog. It puts a great big smile on my face.
Cheers.

  ~ Melanie ~

14 comments:

  1. Two lovely cards. Both stamp sets were perfect for this challenge. Great choice of pattern papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! The first one is a perfect masculine card and the second one is so soft and pretty with such a lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them both, but th Jane austin one is fantastic. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART crinkle ribbon
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. two great takes on the challenge! and so different from each other. i love the pinks and greens of the jane austen one, and your deer layout is really cool. thanks for playing make it monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are fantastic Melanie! Love the masculine one with the deer! Masculine cards are so challenging for me, thank you for the inspiration! The second is so elegant is pretty! Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two great cards Melanie! I struggle with masculine ones, so it's always great to see inspiration...love it! And your Jane Austin card is FABULOUS!! I love the colors and softness of this card...sooo pretty! Think I need to get that set out and play...it's been awhile! Thanks for the reminder!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both fabulous, and so completely different, Melanie! Really love the use of color and pattern to showcase masculine and feminine. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful cards, Melanie. The first one is a perfect masculine card and the Jane Austin with those pretty pastel colors is a lovely feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous cards! Love how you created a masculine and feminine one! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a great job on both cards - wonderful that you made a masculine and feminine card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great collection of cards Melanie, and all so very different. You may have been out of your comfort zone with the first car but IMHO you rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that you made both a masculine and feminine card for this challenge. You rocked it, Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of these are fantastic. So very different, and yet wonderful ways to set the scene and mood with pattern paper. Amazing job on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what fantastic cards with wonderful detail. so different but so lovely! what a great take on the challenge. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete