Monday 20 February 2017

Papertrey Ink 2011 Challenge

2011

And so we arrive at 2011.

You will likely by now have noticed a bit of a theme in my cards. 

Much as I love doing all sorts of paper arts...my first love has always been needlework. I learned to embroidery at my Grandpa's knee. He taught all the women in the family. He had the patience of a saint and he was SO skilled with a needle. Grandpa had fought in WWI and lost both his legs in the battle of Ypres. After he recovered from the war he discovered a love of gardening and needlework...both of which he passed on to me.

I do not know why it had not really occurred to me in the past to try to combine these two loves but I am doing so now. Another passion of mine is collecting vintage linens. And that brings us to this card for 2011. And yes, it is my first Christmas card for this year. Nothing like getting a jump on things.

And...I must apologize for the quality of this photo. It was taken at night and I am not really set up for shooting photos at night but needs must so I had to.


I have used the poinsettia stamp from the Year of Flowers Collection and sort of recreated a vintage Christmas tablecloth. I have used a Spellbinders die to create the fancy edge along the bottom that does remind me of a beautiful cutwork tablecloth. 

The poinsettias are stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured up with Copics. I added the tiny little green dots clusters from the Harvest Berries stamp set and the sentiment is from the Holiday Wishes set.

I will be back shortly with a card for 2012. Cheers.

~ Melanie ~


No comments:

Post a Comment