Saturday 25 February 2017

PTI February 2017 Blog Hop

Blog-hop-logo

Hello everyone and welcome.

Today is the day of the February 2017 Papertrey Ink Blog Hop and I am very happy to be participating in it.

The inspiration photo is shown below. Quite a challenge for me as these colours are a bit outside my comfort zone. I am much more of a pastel lover.

So sorry to be slow to get this posted but I lost my internet connection for most of the morning.

Also, I want to apologize for the photo quality. It is such a miserable day here in Ontario. We are in the midst of a melt-down with buckets of pouring rain for the last few days. We had so much snow and now it is all melting away. The problem is that it makes it very difficult for me to get a good photo.

Feb Blog Hop Inspiration

In keeping with my idea to try to combine my two loves of needlework and papercrafting I came up with the idea of recreating a piece of a crazy quilt. The older ones most especially used these deep rich colours.

Found a few suitable pieces of cardstock and pattern paper in my stash and set about to create the "crazy" part.



Stitching on a crazy quilt can be in a number of colours and I choose gold in keeping with the photo. Then I began the hunt to find suitable stamps to use.  I have used quite a lot of sets for this project but I think that they all worked quite well.




I have used Framed Out #9, Tag Its #2, Sew Simple Borders, Stitches & Swirls, Harvest Berries, Rustic Wreath, Stitched Sentiments and Simply Jane. I found small images from all these sets that worked well as the stitching lines.

For the sentiment I chose Banner Sentiments and used the coordinating die to cut it out. It is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black on vellum.

I have added a few little touches here and there such as the metal butterfly with a crystal and also crystals on the three blossoms to represent the gems in the photo. 



So there you have it. I cannot wait to visit all the other blog sites so I can ooh and aah at the amazing work of all the other ladies.

Thanks so very much for stopping by and leaving me your comments. I read them all and very much appreciate you taking the time. Cheers.

~ Melanie ~



22 comments:

  1. What a creative take on the inspiration picture! It really does look like a jewel-tone quilt -- lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love your card! What a lovely crazy quilt and fantastic creativity! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and I love the embossing. What a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely take on the inspiration photo... the gold embossing is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your beautiful quilt. That is such a creative interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, love the embossing to bring the panels together. Totally unique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever idea to make your card into a crazy quilt! Love your gold "stitching" in between the pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clever and fabulous card design, Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful...I especially love the stitches done in stamps...very creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW...this is FABULOUS Melanie and totally reminds me of a crazy quilt! LOVE how you incorporated so many different stamp sets and the stamped stitching all in gold too! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty quilted card, lots of detail work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Melanie, you totally created a unique Quilted card with all those stamp sets. The gold stitched stamps worked beautifully to complete your design. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Clever & creative were the first words that came to mind when I saw your card - it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome card! Love how you did your "stitching" - so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a pretty card. Love the patchwork look with the gold motives. The yellow butterfly is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, what a fun take on the inspiration photo! Great selection of colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card that captures the jewel colors in a creative way!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my GORGEOUSNESS!!!!!!!!!! Love this so much! Such a wonderful take on the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete