Friday 10 February 2017

PTI Make it Monday 275

Hello everyone,


I have a card to share today that I made for the Make it Monday challenge. As you can see, today is Friday. I have been a tad busy. 

I live in eastern Ontario, Canada. We got walloped at the beginning of this week by a wicked ice storm. The worst part is the fact that our whole property which is way out in the country is one big skating rink right now as you can see from these photos. Can you see the sun glinting off the ice? It is lethal I tell you. I have slipped so many times and today down I went. Gonna be a bruise, I feel sure of it.  :(





 I have been spending my time digging through the ice which is about 1" thick trying to make pathways to get to my chicken coop, the wood pile, etc. Actually as I dig out a big hunk I send it flying over the frozen landscape to see how far it will travel. Sort of a lunatics' version of curling. Hehe. So no time to make cards until today and that was a stretch.

I have to say that I really liked Amy's challenge. It made me look at ALL my PTI stamp sets with fresh eyes. I found little wee images that I did not even know were there.

Here is Amy's terrific inspiration card. 

PTI-MIM020617-1A

I have chosen to make a baby card. I had it all thought out in my head and it almost worked. What did not work in my opinion is I have used way too many dangles. I am not happy with it but as there is more ice to clear I did not really have the time to do it over again. Such is life.

Basic A2 white card with a side fold to which I added a strip of pattern paper top and bottom.

I used Sew Simple Borders to add the cross stitch along the bottom.

The word "Baby" is the Wonderful Words Baby die and I have used the sentiment at the top from the coordinating stamp set.

I used the bunny and duck images from Bitty Baby Blessings and cut them out with the coordinating dies as well and added just a tiny touch of colour to nose and bill.

All the dangles come from the following sets...Polka Dot Parade #9, Love Lives Here, Boutique Borders: Love, Places Please and Over Under Easy. All the inks that I have used are Memento.

I have popped up the bunny and duck as I have a hard time making a completely flat card.  :)



The more I look at it the more annoyed I get with myself for using all those darn dangles. Live and learn. 

Thanks so much for stopping by. Please do leave me your comments and feel free to confirm what I have just said. :)

Have a great day. Cheers.

 ~ Melanie ~


3 comments:

  1. Super cute baby card Melanie! Love all the darling dangles! Great take on the challenge! Sending warm sunny thoughts your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dangles are adorable! The ice on the other hand... oh my! Hope you're OK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute baby card with such sweet dangles. That's a lot of snow and ice!

    ReplyDelete