Saturday 23 September 2017

Make It Monday #297

Hello everyone...

It has been ages since I have posted anything here but it feels good to be back. I live on a small farm and the summer is growing season...practically every waking moment is spent out in the garden planting, weeding, harvesting and then storing away all that wonderful goodness for winter. Like a squirrel!  :)

The season is starting to wind down despite the unbelievable heat and humidity we are getting right now. Temperatures are around 90 with humidex over 100!

Not our usual sweater weather for eastern Ontario I can assure you.

So...since it is too hot for me to work outside I have taken this opportunity to return to the craft room for some fun.

I am playing along with Dawn at Papertrey Ink today with Make It Monday #297...Mixing Florals. Her project was great and I thought I would have a go.

I have used the following Papertrey Ink stamp sets...Bloomin Cute, Mini Blooms and Stitched Sentiments (one of my all time favourites). I have also used the Bloomin Cute dies and Bloomin Cute Sentiment dies.

I have kept my card really clean and simple (for me anyway).  I started with a basic white 5 x 7 white card and rounded the corners. I die cut the largest blooms and leaves from Bloomin Cute and stamped them. I was going for a sort of S shape on the card so arranged the largest blooms and then filled in with smaller and smaller blooms from Mini Blooms and Stitched Sentiments. These I stamped directly on the card.



I stamped the sentiment "so much" from Bloomin Cute on the bottom and used the sentiment die to cut out the word Thanks from some scrap paper.

The large flowers are on some mounting tape and I glued the sentiment directly to the card. 

I have used the following ink colours.
Memento: Tuxedo Black, Pear Tart, New Sprout and Angel Pink
Vivid: Sky Blue and Straw



Thanks so much everyone for stopping by. It is great to be back and getting my fingers inky instead of just covered in dirt from the garden.

Have a great day. Cheers...

Melanie



1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful collection of stamp sets you used to create this lovely card Melanie! Really like the layout of your card too! And glad to see you back in blogland too, although it must be a wonderful feeling to have such a big garden that supplies your family with all that home grown goodness!! :0)

    ReplyDelete